Thursday 28 August 2014

Time to get personal.....The honest truth!

Hi Guys! 

As you can tell from the title of this post, I am in a mood to get personal with you all and let you have an insight into my mind and my thoughts at this moment in time. 

As you all know I am starting University at the end of September and I couldn't be more happier and excited for it. I have wanted to become a vet since I was three years old, meaning my dream started 15 years ago. So as you can guess I have been so driven to go to University and become a Vet but as time went on and i did my GCSEs it became apparent that I needed to change my career aspects which did kind of annoy me because I wanted this for so long BUT after researching into veterinary nursing grades for University I found that this was the route I wanted to take, even more so that becoming a vet. Anyway as time has gone on and the stress of applying to University all paid off as I found out that I would be going to Middlesex University in London. 

No don't get me wrong I am so excited to start this new chapter of my life in a different city ect! BUT I am scared. I am scared of moving away from Nottingham. I am scared of moving away from the life I know. I am scared to move away from my boyfriend of nearly 2 years, my family and my friends. It seems that the closer it gets to me moving to London (30 days as of midnight) the more I get scared and the more I worry. I haven't be one of them girls who was popular throughout school and college, and I find it extremely hard to make friends as I find it hard to open up. I have been stabbed in the back so many times I don't know if it hurts or whether I am just used to it now! I know I am putting all of this into my blog but I think that if i get this off my chest then maybe it will help me be less scared of starting the new chapter of my life. I have spoken to my boyfriend about it and I know he is going to find it hard seeing me every weekend for the first couple of months but then I won't see him for two weeks and when I do get to see him it will be for two days. And for me that will be extremely hard because I turn to him when I've had a bad day as his hugs seems to make me forget my problems but being 137 miles way from him will be hard as you can't get a cuddle over skype or a phone call. 

I just feel like I won't fit in and will become the loner of the group who just stays in and works to get her mind of missing her boyfriend or the girl who works because she has no friends. 


Sorry to get all deep and personal but I just needed to get it off my chest!

Until next time 
HJAYY xxx 

1 comment:

  1. Hey Heather, this post really pulled me back to how I was feeling when I first got accepted to Uni. I was in the exact same position with my boyfriend and not really having friends in school etc. Uni is so much different to anything you've every experienced, there are over 300 people in my course (more than my entire school for A levels). There are so many clubs and societies to join, everything from deep sea diving to the star wars club. There will definitely be something for you, and through these clubs you will get to know people who have the same interests as you. Honestly my first semester wasn't great and I was thinking about dropping out, but I went back after Christmas determined I would enter clubs etc and try to get to know people & now I love Uni, I would love to be starting all over again! I know it will be hard being away from your boyfriend, especially for the first couple of weeks, but after awhile you both will get used to it. G and I are so used to it he didn't even bat an eyelid when I told him I was moving country for 6 months. From experience I can tell you, there will be a lot of tears the day you move but there will also be so many laughs with all your new housemates. I wish you all the best and hope you have an amazing time in London :)

    xo Claire

    http://glowta.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete